Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Oodles of doodles

Well I had some time on my hands . . . uhhmmm . . . well maybenot really but I didn't feel like doing anything else so.

I had doodled this during some downtime at work, starting from this somewhat firebirdy thingy:


To this

And then 'wasted' most of a (rather expensive) 12 column evidence pad to get to ... this:

Which went into the computer and ended up like this:

Not bad but it has some (I can't define them) problems I think, maybe to long for the width, to much on the left and not enough on the right. I don't know but the balance seems off somehow. And that point at the top has GOT to hurt.

And then I started playing around with the curves and got this:

That actually looks rather interesting . . . . 

And then it turns out I'm not all THAT original . . . do a google search on ergonomic guitar and you'll see what I mean. I must have seen some of them before but can't really remember. And also there is this example:


I'm quite a fan of Ben Crowe and can't believe I didn't remember this. There is also a YouTube video which has a much better look at the instrument . . . 

I'm definitively not in Ben Crowe's class when it comes to building instruments but I might just give this a go in Maple and Wenge . . . with a maple on maple neck I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment