Saturday, November 5, 2016

ERRATUM - and a new circuit schematic

OK so there is a mistake in the circuit schematic a few posts back, the DPDT switches don't do what they are supposed to do . . . my bad . . . I changed things around and moved elements and . . . well things got screwed up somehow. Here is the corrected version:
Note that straight crosses of wires CROSS and do NOT connect whilst Ts of course connect.

Note that the 2 single pole switches are on/off/on allowing me to switch between tone caps (or switch the tone off altogether) and to test the two different treble bleeds. In the final version one treble bleed will disappear and that setting will be a volume bypass using a DPDT switch to completely eliminate the volume pot (and possibly the tone as well) from the circuit . . . . the tone switch may or may not survive in the final version . . . . I'll have to see how much difference the different caps make, I have a plethora of values I can test . . . .

And here is the check that the DP switches now work as they should . . . . . . it's basically a DPDT version of the SD triple shot switching which lets me either ground the coil that's not being used or in the case of at least 1 of them switch it out of the circuit completely.


Before you go WOW THAT'S COOL, I WANT IT . . . let me build it and check that it actually works in the next week or two OK . . . . . . DEAL

No comments:

Post a Comment