Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Stupid mistakes . . . and a redo of the wiring diagram ... again

AND . . . one more time


OK so I managed to do a number on myself with the last revision of the coil selection switches . . . it was WRONG (mea maxima culpa) so that's been corrected - thanks to another question about humbuckers and series switching, I should trust myself a little more . . . SD humbuckers connect red to white for series . . . and that just wasn't happening before. The tone stack has also been revised. The 'grease bucket' (tm)  circuit has been removed as I couldn't figure out how to build it and a regular tone circuit on the switch ... I'll try that one again when I have some more time . . . AND . . . I wanted to try a treble bleed from the beginning so that's in there now with an on/off switch so I can see what and how much it does.

Making progress . . . . .
. . . . so far all the checks seem to come back as they should.

Left to do, build the treble bypass, finish the tone switch & knob . . . . . and wire it all to the jack. And ... transfer the harness to the actual pickguard and wire in the pickups . . . .


Oh and it turns out that guitar making IS a transferrable skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment