Monday, February 27, 2017

All's good . . . . . .

Well the electronics are still subject to revision but here she is . . .

The pick guard contains an (unintentional) Esher like joke though. Better pictures once the weather lets up here.

Changing out the pick guard was relatively easy once I figured how the screw holes lined up . . . the only 'problem' was 2 solder joints on the rotary switch 'broke' . . . bad soldering on my part I guess. I first thought I had a ground fault on the bridge PU as it barely made any sound . . . turns out the ground lead AND the hot lead came off the switch. The ground was an easy fix but I initially soldered the hot to the WRONG PIN . . . and was wondering why it was so clean (no solder on it what so ever) when I did it . . . it was only after the PU still failed the tap test that I figured that one out . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment