Saturday, March 12, 2016

DigiKey

A package arrived yesterday with a lot of bits & pieces  for the electronics of the guitar ... and I was impressed. I have ordered stuff from Mouser before and it was fine, this however was more than just fine. It arrived within 3 days with all the components seperately packaged in clearly labled ziplock bags ... nicely done guys. So now I have everything I thought I needed ... undoubtedly I'll find something I have forgotten ... maybe need more pushback wire ... and have to get off my ... ... ... behind ... ... ... and cut that first version of the pickguard ... ... ...   ... ... ...   ... ... ... after swimming my laps ... ... ...

OK so an update ... unpacked all the bits and pieces and ... checked that I now have everything ...
Yep it all SEEMS to be here now .....

Bit of a scare though ... the volume pot was marked D not A ... some Googling (yep that is apparently now officially a verb WITH a Capital letter ... even autocorrect recognizes it) shows that this is the way Bourns (and that is NOT in autocorrect) codes audio taper pots ...

Now if it will only fit the way I think it should ...
And yes ... it does seem to fit ... going to be tight down there as there are two SPDT on/off/on switches between those two tone pots on the bottom but it'll fit ... I think and there is plenty of space below the pickups for the tone caps ... the test configuration has 4 rather large axial orange drops .........

Oh and I though that I had lost the baggy with the screws for the jackplate ... pffffff ... they were loose in the bottom of the parts box so I decided to install it before they disappeared.
Looks pretty classy if I do say so myself.

UPDATE: saw the photo again today and ... well the 'silverish' rectangle at the top is just a reflection ... fortunately. The line on the right is a (rather less noticeable in real life) scratch though.

No comments:

Post a Comment