Saturday, May 23, 2015

Pick the pickguard

Okay so I had some time on my hands as the wife and kids did other activities ... so I went down to the 'local' wood working store (which incidentally had a 25% off on wood sale) and picked up some pieces for the pickguard. Here are some photos ....
Padauk, Wenge & Yellow heart .... oh the possible combinations. At this time the top photo is also the top contender ... mirrored over the red Padauk so with another yellowheart stripe & then the Wenge again ... not sure if that's wide enough though ... may have to use a 1/2" stripe instead of 1/4" or put another stripe on the outside. I'm pretty sure I wont use the full width of the Yellow heart as in the bottom pic ... or alternating Wenge & Padauk as in the middle ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment